Not PL Ready/ PL Ready
Consistent Practice/ Personalized
Resources to Support:
- The Personalized Learning Coaching and Development Tool: This will take you the PL rubric homepage for more information.
- The Power of Combining Coaching with a Framework for Teaching: This article describes how knowing the expectations (destination) for effective teaching can support teacher development and drive coaching and professional development. (This article references the TCRP framework, but substitute in the PL Coaching and Development tool to think about how this can be used to support teachers).
- The Art of Coaching: This book, by Elena Aguilar, offers the foundational skills and tools needed by coaches, as well as presenting an overview of the knowledge and theory base behind coaching best practice. Established coaches will find numerous ways to deepen and refine their work. Principals and others who incorporate coaching strategies into their work will also find a wealth of resources. Elena offers a model for transformational coaching which could be implemented as professional development in schools or districts anywhere. Although she addresses the needs of adult learners, her model maintains a student-centered focus, with a specific lens trained always on addressing equity issues in schools.
- Coaching for Change: Teacher-Centered Coaching: This resource shares how to maintain a teacher centered coaching cycle with links to numerous other resources on coaching teachers.
- The Secret to Great Coaching: Inquiry Method Helps Teachers take Ownership of their Learning: This in depth article shares how to use an inquiry model in coaching teachers.
- Teachers need Real Feedback: This TED talk by Bill Gates highlights why teachers need coaches and need specific feedback in order to do their jobs better.