Not PL Ready/ PL Ready
Consistent Practice/ Personalized
Resources to Support:
- The Art of Innovation: This book by IDEO partner, Tom Kelley, reveals the strategies and secrets IDEO uses to turn out hit after hit of innovative design products.
- So You Think You Want to Innovate: The Learning Accelerator and 2Revolutions developed a framework, assessment tool, and Innovation Scorecard for organizational leaders at the state level as they work to create a Culture of Innovation.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success: This book, by Carol Dweck, shows how success in school, work, sports, the arts, and almost every area of human endeavor can be dramatically influenced by how we think about our talents and abilities. People with a fixed mindset—those who believe that abilities are fixed—are less likely to flourish than those with a growth mindset—those who believe that abilities can be developed. Mindset reveals how great parents, teachers, managers, and athletes can put this idea to use to foster outstanding accomplishment.
- What’s your Innovation Mindset: This article highlights a study of how best to encourage innovation and concludes that mindset is a crucial component.
- The Innovator’s Mindset:Empower Learning, Unleash Talent, and Lead a Culture of Creativity: This book by George Couros is an in-depth read about how to develop the necessary mindsets to encourage innovation. Here is a link to the accompanying website (you’ll need to provide an email address to access)
- Seven Steps from Failure to Innovation: This article shares the framework from, The Other “F” Word, Berkeley-Haas Senior Fellows’, John Danner and Mark Coopersmith, book that lays out how to leverage failure to boost creativity and innovation.
- Why the Ability to Fail leads to Innovation: This article highlights how organizations have successfully responded to failures to empower innovation.
- What We Can Learn From Google’s Empowered Culture: This article shares some of the key components to Google’s successful culture.
- How to Measure and Communicate Innovation: This article walks you through the indicators of innovation that you should be measuring and how and why to communicate that with stakeholders.
- Three Reasons why Innovation is all about Communication: This article explains the importance of communication to the process of innovation.
- Clean Up Corrosive Interpersonal Dynamics on Your Team with This System: This article shares a system for increasing innovation by creating a culture of trust so that people are able to be more creative leading to more innovative work.
- Attractor Landscapes: This website gives an overview of the Attractor framework and prompts readers to think about the things that make change more likely or more difficult in their particular context.
- Our 6 Must Reads For Creating and Accelerating Trust on Teams: This website shares 6 important articles about building trust - a key component in creating and maintaining a culture of empowerment.
- Creative Public Leadership - How School System Leaders Can Create the Conditions for System-wide Innovation: This report explores how school systems can create the conditions for successful innovation that transform outcomes for all learners.
- 7 Things you Should Know about Change Management: This report highlights 7 key components of change management.