Not PL Ready/ PL Ready
Consistent Practice/ Personalized
Resources to Support:
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success: This book, by Carol Dweck, shows how success in school, work, sports, the arts, and almost every area of human endeavor can be dramatically influenced by how we think about our talents and abilities. People with a fixed mindset—those who believe that abilities are fixed—are less likely to flourish than those with a growth mindset—those who believe that abilities can be developed. Mindset reveals how great parents, teachers, managers, and athletes can put this idea to use to foster outstanding accomplishment.
- How Self-Reflection can Make you a Better Leader: This blog shares how to use self-reflection as a leader to better prioritize, plan, and build teams to do great work.
- How Values Based Leadership Transforms Organizational Culture: This article highlights the importance of using the organizational values to measure effectiveness.
- The Only True Leadership is Values Based Leadership: This article shares the importance of why your leadership must be rooted in who you are and what matters most to you. When you truly know yourself and what you stand for, it is much easier to know what to do in any situation. It always comes down to doing the right thing and doing the best you can.
- 10 Principles to Move your School Towards Distributive Leadership: This article shares key ways to begin to use a distributive leadership model at your school.
- Distributed Leadership: The Definition and Theory Behind This New Leadership Approach: This article gives an overview of Distributed Leadership and the rationale for why this model is useful.
- Distributed Leadership: In this video, the Building Leadership Team Facilitator at Southern Local Jr./Sr. High School and the district Federal Programs Coordinator discuss the role of the building leadership team. This team discusses data and strategies to strengthen instruction and provide interventions for those students who are not on the pathway to proficiency.
- What is 360 Degree Feedback: This short article describes what this type of feedback is and what it is used to measure.