Not PL Ready/ PL Ready
Consistent Practice/ Personalized
Resources to Support:
- Whole Child: This page within the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development website provides a comprehensive place to find numerous whole child focused resources. Below are a few key resources from the webpage.
- Download the ASCD indicators (PDF) of a whole child approach to education to see the 5 tenet framework they’ve created.
- Use the ASCD School Improvement Tool. Get a free, comprehensive, and completely online needs assessment for your school and district.
- Read about tools to support the whole child. Tools to support the whole child are highlighted on ASCD's Inservice blog.
- Conduct a community conversation. Help your community explore how to work together to support the whole child.
- Turnaround for Children: Building Blocks for Learning: This report shares Turnaround for Children’s framework for comprehensive student development, grounded in science, in service of equity. It suggests a developmental continuum that starts in early childhood.
- SEL Frameworks: The following provide frameworks of SEL competencies, what’s here are the most widely used and accepted frameworks, but is by no means an exhaustive list.
- MyWays Student Success Framework: This Next Generation Learning Challenges (NGLC) framework is a synthesis of 20 competencies for success in learning, work, and life. Through this website you can access tools for defining, integrating into instructional practice and measuring these competencies.
- Essential Skills and Dispositions: This developmental framework shares the progressions for how individuals become more mastered in the 4 key non-academic competencies: Collaboration, COmmunication, Creativity, and Self-DIrection, identified by the member states of the Innovation Lab Network as the definitional elements for college, career, and citizenship readiness.
- What is SEL: This website provides resources to support the CASEL framework for Social and Emotional Learning.
- Social, Emotional, and Non-cognitive Learning Frameworks: This PDF published by the Afterschool Alliance shares a list of available SEL frameworks as well as links to some program resources, including Responsive Classroom.
- SEL Instructional Programs: The following provide SEL instructional programs, what’s here are the most widely used and accepted programs, but is by no means an exhaustive list.
- Implementing a Restorative School Culture Playlist: Please review this playlist by 2Revolutions to find numerous resources to support implementation of a restorative school culture.